The Road 2 Recovery Foundation’s Board of Directors has unanimously approved a grant to pay 50 percent of the cost for a new Orthoscan X-ray machine to be used inside the Alpinestars Mobile Medical Unit. To support this initiative, Alpinestars and its athletes have teamed up with R2R to offer fans an amazing opportunity to bid on and win exclusive race-worn autographed memorabilia through a seven-day eBay auction that is set to begin on April 15 at 12 p.m. PST.
Fans will have the chance to bid on 14 Alpinestars-branded items from motorcycle racing’s top names, including race-worn and autographed jerseys, pants and helmets from recent Atlanta 2 SX podium finishers, as well as other exclusive items such as a 2017 MotoGP race-worn rider suit worn by Marc Marquez. The proceeds from this auction will go directly towards the purchase of the state-of-the-art Orthoscan X-ray machine to go inside the Alpinestars Mobile Medical Unit.
“Alpinestars is dedicated to the protection of all athletes racing the Supercross and Motocross series. With this new X-Ray device we can continue to examine and treat downed riders at a level that is comparable to any first class emergency room. Investing in the highest levels of protection for our sports’ athletes is our number one priority”- Alpinestars.
List of Athletes Participating and Gear:
- Eli Tomac’s Atlanta 2 race-worn autographed jersey and pants
- Jason Anderson’s third-place finish Atlanta 2 race-worn autographed jersey and pants
- Chase Sexton’s second-place finish Atlanta 2 race-worn autographed jersey and pants
- Chase Sexton’s race-worn at the 2020 Pala MX National autographed helmet
- Jet Lawrence’s autographed jersey and pants
- Hunter Lawrence’s second-place finish Atlanta 2 race-worn autographed jersey and pants.
- Hunter Lawrence’s autographed race-worn helmet from 2021 SX Arlington 1 and 3; and ATL 1
- Justin Barcia’s autographed jersey and pants (2020 gear)
- Marc Marquez 2017 race-worn suit
- Daniel Ricciardo’s 2014 driving suit
- Jeffrey Herlings’ 2020 jersey
- Jeffrey Herlings’ 2015 pants
- Romain Febvre’s 2016/17 jersey
- Jimmie Johnson’s 2015 – driving suit
Join the Alpinestars riders and Road to Recovery in supporting the Alpinestars Mobile Medical Unit by bidding on ATL 2 race-worn gear HERE. For more information on Road 2 Recovery, upcoming events, and athlete updates, visit road2recovery.com or click here to make a donation.